Thursday, September 4, 2008

HELP - It's gotten out of hand !!


Remember I said we've had lots of squash from our garden. Well, the truth is.. it's getting a little out of hand lately. Back at the end of Spring, when the peas were starting to die out, I planted just 3 little yellow squash seeds. I figured - we'll have enough from these three little seeds. So, I also planted our carrots close by. Well, the squash TOOK OVER that whole corner of the garden. Well - see for yourself, and this is after I cut about 1/3 away so the basil and cilantro could get sunlight and water: Last year, we couldn't get any squash, zucchini, or cucumbers at all to grow. This year the yellow squash really is making up for it.

On another good note, Tiffany came home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. She told her doctor that she was going stir-crazy in the hospital and she needed to go home. She said "she's already feeling much better, just being at home". We're hoping that she's going to be ok being discharged so early.

Dave and I picked out new carpet for the house. It's a light brown color and they should be installing it in about 1 1/2 weeks. Dave says he'll be glad to be rid of this blue carpet after 13 years.
Well - guess I'd better go out and cut down some more squash plants, and pick more vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment