Monday, October 5, 2009

September Birthdays

During September, Dave and I both celebrate our birthdays. We have quit a ball celebrating most of the month. Dave always makes me feel very special by sending me a wonderful bunch of flowers to my office, and this year was no exception. And he always send them at the beginning of the week, so I can enjoy them my whole birthday week.

Dave's company had out of town visitors, and we went out to dinner mid week with the vendor, and just like last year with this vendor, we celebrated my birthday and had lots of laughs. Dean and Jayson are so much fun, I can't wait to see them again in Florida at the convention. We always have so much fun!! My friends, (Stephen and Debbie), gave me a BD party in a bag, really the whole thing, (balloons, hats, noise makers, banner, candy, the works.) It was so funny - I guess they figure at my age I need some PAR-TAAY TIME. This year my birthday also fell on Grandparents Day, so Dave and I were surprised by my grandsons Ian and Trevor with brunch at Golden Coral. They gave us a funny BD card and we laughed and had a very pleasant time.

Dave gave me a great BD gift - a Dave Koz, (my favorite smooth jazz saxophonist), autographed Mickey Mouse statue holding a saxaphone.

For Dave's BD, I gave him a Beatle's 2010 calendar and a Beatle's illustrated biography book, to go along with his new complete digitally remastered Beatle's CD set that he got on 9/9/09. Then I took him to Vegas on Saturday morning to see Jersey Boys. We stayed overnight and came home on Sunday. We had a great time. We even found a few moments to stop in and say "hi" to Dave's brother Bruce, (who lives in Vegas).

It was a busy couple of weeks for us, but we always have a good time celebrating our birthdays. And now we look forward to celebrating our anniversary in October (more to come on that).

2 comments: