Sunday, October 16, 2011

Potatoes Harvested

Some of Dave's co-workers have been asking him about our potatoes that we've been growing and how they are doing.  Some of my friends have also emailed and said why don't you put a photo of your potatoes on the blog so we can see what they look like when you dig them up.  OK - here is the 5th and last harvest that we dug up.  We have have some pretty good eating for only have a few potatoes planted.  Dave has that big monster in the basket earmarked with his name.  I guess I need to chop him up quick for dinner.    OH - by the way remember those old cucumber seeds that I planted, these are some of the last of the harvest off the vines.  I gave a small bag of cukes away to our puppy sitter and a small bag to one of the security guards at work, and we have been eating cucumbers everynight for the last 2 weeks.  Not bad for old seeds that I just threw out in the garden.  They didn't cost us anything!!  And we have lots of little pinky size cukes on the vines - as long as the frost doesn't get them, I will keep picking them.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You guys are amazing! What a green (or brown) thumb. Actually brown thumb sounds kinda gross. Sorry.
    -Stephen and Debbie

    ReplyDelete