Friday, May 15, 2009

Parasailing



On Thursday the sun was up, the weather was warm and it was the best day we had all week. So, we decided to go para sailing. Dave, Karen, and I were immediately up for the idea. It took some coaxing and a lot of talking, but we finally convinced Tammy that it was not only fun but very safe. George and Neil both said NO WAY JOSE', they would only ride along in the boat and take pictures. So it was all set, the only question was - would Tammy back out at the last minute!! I went first, being the dare devil and the one who had the most experience doing para sailing. 600 feet up, the view was wonderful, and it was so peaceful. Next up, Dave. Another dare devil with experience. He also loves doing it for the same reason. Sometimes I think he goes to sleep up there. Finally, we decided that in order to keep her for chickening out at the last minute, it was Tammy's turn, and hey - she did it and LOVED IT. Next up, Karen. Talk about big smiles - these two couldn't wipe the grins from their faces all the way back to shore. Then to our surprise, Tammy jumps up and announces, I'm going to para sail when we go to South Carolina this summer !! Guess she must also like it... Next off to Cabo Wabo for some lunch. Then shopping time, and back to the room for pool time and relaxation before dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you all didn't float away! Could you see me from up there? I was giving you the finger! Just kidding! I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I don't think that I could do this. lol. My worst fears are heights and the ocean.

    That is awesome that you are such a dare devil.

    ReplyDelete