Monday, May 11, 2009

WHAT was he thinking, or WAS he thinking ??

On Friday, (5/8/09), we arrived in Cabo for our annual Cabo vacation - ahhh. We went to dinner at El Coral and enjoyed a great dinner, swam in the pool, enjoyed the hot tub, then fell into bed for some much needed sleep. On Saturday, we picked up a rental car, went to get a few groceries, then stopped down at the pier where I found the Wild Cabo exhibit. Every year I stop and get my photo taken with the baby animal from the reserve. This year it was the one month leopard named Leo. He was so small and weighted less than our house cat. His fur was so soft and he was just starting to get his little growl. I was so smitten .
After a short nap, it was time to drive to the airport to pick up our friends Karen and Neil Wyllie and George and Tammy McGowan. We got everyone settled into their rooms, (Karen and Neil were staying at our Hacienda Encantada timeshare and George and Tammy were staying with us at the Finisterra), Another quick trip to Wal-Mart for more groceries and then out to dinner and some dancing and fun on the town till we were exhausted. We ate at El Squid Roe, then walked down to The Giggling Marlin. Before I could even pull out my chair, Dave was across the room and talking to the hanging crew. Yup, you guessed it. Dave got hung up just like a Marlin, and here are the photos. And he was sober when he went up, but after the 3 tequila shots, he wasn't feeling any pain. When I asked him what he was thinking, he just answered, "I don't know, I've been coming here for 6 years and thought it was time to do it !!!"

WHAT was he thinking OR WAS he thinking??? I thought with age comes wisdom !! Guess not.

Neil said that between the 3 sets of cameras, he's sure to get the perfect photo of the Employee of the Month for the company newsletter.

Sunday, the six of us went to Romeo and Juliettea's for dinner after just relaxing for the day. Monday, the six of us did a sunset cruise, but it was very windy and we had to wear light jackets. Even though Dave and I have done so many of these cruises, they are still a nice relaxing way to end the day.

Will post more later this week....

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you got to hold a leopard! Sounds like a super fun trip, Dave's picture is hi-larious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really notice a difference in Dave standing right side up or upside down...
    I think you will be trying to bring that cat home in your suitcase... Kinda like that cat with the weird paws that you loved!
    "Dave, I want a big cat with soft fur!"

    ReplyDelete